









Lounge Wear around the home, at After Dinner Parties or even on the Beach (Beach Pyjamas of the 20's and 30's) is ALL very De Rigeur for us followers of Vintage Fashion. Why throw on an old tee-shirt and underwear, when YOU CAN DRESS for the occasion of entering the Land of Nod or just that special ME TIME around the house after a hectic day or night?
I LOVE vintage PJ's or Jim Jams. And the great thing is THEY ARE unisex folks!! Nothing sexier than seeing Louise Brooks of silver screen fame, donning a pair of pyjamas. And more recently with the promotion of the movie COCO, the very poster shows Madamoiselle CHANEL in her PJ's. Is this a RENAISSANCE I see before me?
Even the fashion companies such as RRL; Klein and Boden have switched onto this idea that PJ's can be relaxing as a modern form of Lounge Wear (whereby they sell just the bottoms - I know..a compromise) . Little do they know (as we know) that they've been sported by the IT CROWD of the Golden Era well over half-a-century ago.
So recently, when I had the chance to snap up two pairs of vintage men's PJ's from the exclusive London Knightsbridge store, Harrods, well, before you could shout BED-TIME...they were in my possession!!
And 'trust me,' there's nothing as relaxing as throwing off the day's work togs, and donning one's PJ's with a cocktail or Hot Cocoa, a good book and some of your fav music in the background - sheer BLISS! Whether it's the lady in her silk, or a gentleman in his flannels, you can still look GREAT and chilled in a pair of Old Fashioned PJ's.
And at the SUMMER 38 event last August down in rural, leafy England, after one of the black tie dinners, the gang were invited to dress in Bed Wear for the last few dances and before the National Anthem signalled the end of a wonderful vintagesque evening. What FUN!!


Love your vintage Jams my dear Sir, and these vintage pics showing what the ladies wore too. Would love to see Summer'38 Jams Dance pics if you have any!
ReplyDeleteAgreed, Carey! I also vote for a video of Paddy reading us a bedtime story.... :)
ReplyDeleteI'm left speechless with that !! haha. I'll see what I can rustle up. Thanks for the lovely and cheeky comments.
ReplyDeleteYES YES, I want a bedtime story!! I've heard tell you've a voice will melt butter... Roxy and I will be blissfully lulled to sleep by it!
ReplyDeleteWhat is the book you are looking at in your pictures my dear?